The other evening a few gentlemen were discussing why we don't make the effort. We talked about how in our High School and College/University days we could talk in person or on the phone for hours and late into the night or early morning. What happened after we got married and had children? I know when you get older, you can feel your age and not have as much energy. But after the children are in bed, from 8 to midnight, what keeps us from calling up someone and talking to them or meeting them for coffee/tea/drink?
What we discussed was the fact that we need to me more deliberate in trying to spend more time in developing friendships. If we were to prioritize relationships in our lives, it should look like this:
- Relationship with God.
- Relationship with Significant Other.
- Relationships with our Family.
- Relationships with Close Friends.
I know I am going to try an purposefully try and call and/or spend time with those I would consider a Friend. I think I may even try tracking down friends I had back in the School days.

No comments:
Post a Comment